More About Three Roll Variable Axis
As the name indicates the variable axis plate bending machine have all 3 rolls which changes its axis as per rolling needs. The top roll moves up and down and both side rolls move in and out horizontally giving advantage of reducing bottom roll centre to form small diameter and medium thickness shell rolling and also by increasing bottom roll centre one can roll large diameter and heavy thickness shell. The another main advantage of machine is that the working height is much less compared to 3 roll/4 roll planetary axis machine. Also mac hine up to capacity of 50 mm plate bending may not need any foundation. The variable axis machine can also work as a press for plate straightening application and is also capable to roll conical shapes to almost 80% values that of machine specified capacity by using it as press.
As a standard available feature for coniocal bending/rolling both the side of rolls can be tilted to desired cone angle and can perform conical bending by rolling / pressing method.
Drop end movement for shell removal
The hydraulically operated drop end is provided to facilitate rolled shell removal. Special arrangement is given to hold the top roll in perfectly horizontal position.If special need arises we can supply machine with tilt able top roll.
Since all three rolls and both side of each roll can move independently makes the machine most versatile giving advantage as under :
- It can work as a press to bend or to straighten metal plate.
- It can correct the uneven defect on both sides separately which might occur in welding as a distortion due to heat input.
All critical components are verified & Analysis is done through simulation software. Safety Factor is consider to ensure long machine working life.
All our machine is manufactured as per international accepted standard of manufacturing which also involves use of ball bearings as standard. All our machines are built with rolls housed in extra wide bearing housing and having two bearings per side and total 4 bearings per roll.
All our medium and heavy duty plate bending machine comes with three rolls positively driven with planetary gear box and hi torque delivering hydraulic motor mounted in line with roller axis avoiding any secondary transmission and loss of power.
Only standard and reputed make of hydraulic components are used in plate bending machines manufactured by us.
Induction Hardened Rollers
Hardened rolls can be provided as a special request and rolls are induction hardened to 52-55 RC surface hardness. The material used for hardened rolls is of special grade alloy steel forged/rolled which give excellent surface hardness for wear resistance and tough core to resist any permanent deformation of rolls under load.
The PLC used in our machine are of reputed make and a program is developed specially suitable for plate bending machine. The various feature of PLC controls are as under -
- Automatic roll speed compensation
- Pre programmed recipe for different shapes memory storage capacity for 100 programs
- All 3 rolls can be inclined on both the side
- Top roll positively driven through directly mounted gear box and hydraulic motor
- Hydraulic brakes for bottom rolls to avoid any slippage of material while rolling
- All rolls are mounted in heavy duly ball bearings
- Heavy duty reinforced steel frame duly stress relieved and epoxy painted
- Roll parallelism maintained by use of proportional valves and specially developed hydraulic system.
- Heavy duty travelling central roller support
- Automatic force lubrication
- All 3 rolls can be positively driven
- Automatic roll speed compensation
- Induction hardened rolls hardness up to 52-55 RC
- Conical bending device for small reduced side bending/ rolling
- Plate material is always horizontal which makes it safe to work with this type of machine.
- Lower working height due to different type of machine working principle
- No need of machine foundation up to 50 mm plate rolling
- Cone bending capacity is up to 80 % of banding capacity by shift and press method and since all three rolls are tilting rolls.
- The top roll works as a press which enables plate straightening also
- Due to machine geometry it is possible to roll higher capacity material by increasing bottom roll centre distance
- Railway: water tank, tankar, coach bogie wall profile bending/rolling
- Automobile: silencers, fuel tanks, mufflers
- Offshore: drill rings
- Storage: silos,tanks
- General engineering: Pressure vessal,boiler, tanks, piping, filter body
- Earth moving: Excavator bucket, road roller drum, mobile compactors
Apple effect can be corrected in this type of machine and both the side of shell can be corrected independently as required to achieve perfect roundness.