More About Four Roll Planetary Axis
The working principle of 4 roll plate bending machine is similer to that of 3 roll plate bending machine but only the difference being it has one extra roll below the top roll which works as a clamping roll or more commonly known as pinchincing roll. The main advantage is that the plate can be feed horizontally since the bottom and one pressure roll work as a support roll for plate ( in case of 3 roll machine plate is required to feed in a slant position)Also the pressure roller on opposite side works as a reference surface and plate can be fed at perfect right angle to pressure roll or machine. After the plate is held firmly between top roll and pinching roll , the pressure roll advances to form desired radius on plate edge and adjacent area as shown The radius thus formed is checked with the template and same procedure is repeated till the template matches with pre bent/pre pinched edge of plate. After pre pinching the one edge of plate the same procedure is repeated on the another edge of plate to form pre pinching radius. After forming desired radius on both the edges ,the rolling/bending is carried our by rotating all rolls in a reverse and forward direction till the complete circle is formed. It is possible to form different shapes like square, rectangle, polycentric, elliptical,etc shapes more precisely ,but it is must that this are formed in a single pass and machine with PLC based controls is most suitable for this application. Also this machine is most suitable for mass production type components which requires repeatedly same output results mass. For engineering shop where same size of rolled products are required to be produced in small quantity and the sizes may change on day to day basis depending on job type ,the shell can be produced by rolling completed in multiple pass.
It is possible to roll tightest possible diameter in 4 roll plate bending machine compared any other machine having only 3 rolls. It is important and advisable to consider machine with tilt able top roll particularly when rolling smaller diameter and longer products since roller tilt makes it easy to remove completed shells.
Another advantage of 4 roll plate bending machine is it is left with a smaller straight edge after prebending since the plate is clamped nearer to pressure roll. In 3 roll machine this straight is more since distance between clamping roll and pressure roll is more compared to 4 roll machine.
All our medium and heavy duty plate bending machine comes with three rolls positively driven with planetary gear box and hi torque delivering hydraulic motor mounted in line with roller axis avoiding any secondary transmission and loss of power
Single Pass Rolling
It is most challenging to form repeatable same size and form of rolling in a single pass ,but thanks to 4 roll planetary axis machine working pattern which makes it possible to consistently same rolling results piece after piece provided the material specifications are maintained same throughout the batch.
All our machine is manufactured as per international accepted standard of manufacturing which also involves use of ball bearings as standard. All our machines are built with rolls housed in extra wide bearing housing and having two bearings per side and total 4 bearings per roll.
Hydraulic system for all our machine is designed to deliver the ultimate force and torque for the applied electrical power.The power pack is specially designed for plate bending machine application.
Conical Bending Attachment
As a standard available feature for coniocal bending/rolling the one side of pressure rolls are tilted to desired angle and smaller side of cone can be rolled on this side. As a special requirement the machine with roll tilting facility from both side can also be provided on request. As shown,the roll need to get inclined to on one side to pre determined angle to form conical shape. The cones can be rolled vary easily on 4 roll plate bending machine, however capacity reduces to 40 % of machine capacity in terms length and thickness.
Induction hardened rollers
Hardened rolls can be provided as a special request and rolls are induction hardened to 52-55 RC surface hardness. The material used for hardened rolls is of special grade alloy steel forged/rolled which give excellent surface hardness for wear resistance and tough core to resist any permanent deformation of rolls under load.
Drop end movement
The extra wide drop end prevents deflection of top roll against pre bending loads.
All shown Shapes are easily possible in four roll plate bending Machine & After Establishing Different parameter for Products, components can be saved & can be recalled for bending as & When Required.
- Both top and bottom rolls are positively driven by in line mounted planetary gear box and hydraulic motor
- Roll parallelism maintained by solid linkage mechanism
- Digital display for roll position for ease of rolling and for fast rolling of repetitive type components.
- Spherical roller bearings are used as standard in all our models
- Heavy duty reinforced steel frames duly stress relieved and epoxy painted after sand blasting
- Electronic proportional balancing using hydraulic system specially developed for plate bending machine
- 3 roll or all 4 rolls positively driven by line mounted planetary gear box and hydraulic motor
- Induction Hardened rolls for 52-55 RC hardness
- Conical bending device
- Provision for section rolling
- Section bending dies
- Horizontal plate feeding in to the machine
- Rolls are directly driven with in line mtg gear box and motor avoiding any power loss which is there in secondary transmission type drive unit.
- The constant pinch bottom roll makes it possible to roll material withou use of over head crane for smaller components
- A rapid and repetitive cycle enables mass production of standard rolling requirement
- Swing arm type system which has less friction bearing parts compared to rectiliniar guide type machines .Hence more reliable and less maintenance required.
- The flat edges are shortest possible within all type of bending machine
- Auto squaring is possible due to the opposite roll working as a reference roll
- Tighter most diameter is sometimes at 1.1 times the top roll diameter
- Low maintenance due to very less moving parts
- Railway: water tank, tankar, coach bogie wall profile bending/rolling Automobile: silencers, fuel tanks, mufflers',
- Offshore: drill rings
- Storage: silos,tanks,
- General engineering: Pressure vessal,boiler, tanks, piping, filter body
- th moving: Excavator bucket, road roller drum, mobile compactors